Holiday Homes & Rentals in Edinburgh
Popular Holiday Homes & Rentals in Edinburgh
Holiday homes with free cancellation
Holiday Homes & Rentals with Pool
Holiday Homes & Rentals with Internet
Pet-Friendly Holiday Homes & Rentals
Best Holiday Homes & Rentals in EdinburghGuests agree: these stays are highly rated for location, cleanliness, and more.
Prices and availability
Current Holiday letting prices in Edinburgh
Current holiday letting availability in Edinburgh
Things to know about Edinburgh
Holiday homes in Edinburgh – Auld Reekie’s Heritage
Edinburgh has developed itself to a cosmopolitan metropolis, with many landmarks and activities on offer for the many people who choose to discover the city each year. Whiskey-tasting, city tours, museums and many fantastic shopping possibilities: Edinburgh offers something for everyone. Being Scotland’s capital city and with a good proximity to Glasgow and Stirling with many fantastic holiday apartments and holiday homes available with Holidu, Edinburgh is home to a vibrant history as well as featuring a contrasting Old Town and a New Town, combining Edinburgh’s contemporary style and reminders of its heritage.
The old town still contains a medieval flair with meandering streets, cobblestones and historic buildings. Edinburgh’s new town in comparison with its shopping street of Princes Street features wide roads and neoclassical houses - both parts of town lie directly next to each other, separated by the picturesque Princes Gardens, an idyllic park best visited in the summer. To discover the true beauty of Edinburgh up close, it is best to travel around on foot – most landmarks and attractions lie close to one another. With many fantastic holiday apartments and holiday homes available with Holidu, there has never been a better time to book your dream Edinburgh break today!
Holiday Apartments in Scotland’s Capital City
Edinburgh offers various events throughout the course of the year, from Hogmanay on New Years’ Eve, the Royal Military Tattoo to the world famous largest arts festival in the world Edinburgh Fringe Festival which take place throughout August. With thousands of performers taking to the streets and to the stage, with performers from the world of theatre, comedy, dance, music, circus, poetry and many more, the Edinburgh Fringe Festival is a truly unique collection of many people in high spirits enjoying themselves in a city with a fantastic atmosphere. Hikers will be pleased to know that Edinburgh offers the famous hike to the top of Arthur’s Seat, a steep cliff overlooking the city upon an extinct volcano: A truly staggering view to behold -
If you are into fantastic views of both nature and stunning cities, this should be far up on your Edinburgh itinerary. Regarding staggering views of the city, another top vantage point to discover Edinburgh from up high is from the top of Scott’s Monument. Commemorating Sir Walter Scott, this monument is the largest dedicated to a writer in the world and comprises of 287 steps up to the top. If you do happen to find yourself in the middle of Scotland’s famous rainy weather, Edinburgh provides many things to try out and discover come rain or shine. Discover local cosy cafes and pubs to get a literal taste for Edinburgh, famous throughout the UK for its shortbread and local Scottish delicacies, such as Haggis and why not try a, “Wee Dram” of Whiskey.
Top 5 Travel Tips for Edinburgh
1. Edinburgh Castle is the dominant landmark over the city which draws many visitors from all over the world. The castle towers over the city on an extinct volcano and is visible from throughout the city. A visit is certainly worth recommending due to its immense size and attractions – set a day aside to discover this beautiful site. With many holiday apartments and holiday homes available throughout Edinburgh with Holidu, an outstanding view of Edinburgh castle is never far away.
2. The Camera Obscura is especially exciting for children – located not too far away from Edinburgh Castle, you can experience this 19th century pinhole camera and discover more about perspectives, as well as experiencing optical illusions up close: Tremendous fun for all the family!
3. The fitting souvenir is best found at one place: The Royal Mile. The historic and important street is exactly 1.3 miles in length and connects Edinburgh Castle with the Holyrood Palace, standing right next to the Scottish Parliament. Walk down this street and experience the centre of Edinburgh up close!
4. Edinburgh’s gloomy side not for the faint hearted is featured at the Edinburgh Vaults: View Edinburgh’s dark underground at night with night tours! In the 18th century, these vaults were used as a home for Edinburgh’s poorest and a venue for the black market. The vaults hide many grisly tales and visitors experience many atmospheric themes on the tours. Escape to your cosy holiday apartment in Edinburgh after visiting these eerie vaults available with Holidu!
5. As well as hosting its renowned fringe festival, Edinburgh also hosts the Royal Military Tattoo. With performers from over 48 countries having previously taken part and televised in over 40 countries, the Royal Military Tattoo is renowned not only throughout the UK but all over the world. Taking place throughout August, each set of performances varies substantially to the performances of the previous year, all taking place with the fabulous backdrop of Edinburgh Castle, all lit up and towering over the venue. It is recommendable however to book tickets early if you plan on going – with amazing firework displays and many not only military marches but also dance and well-choreographed performances from groups from all over the world, it is certainly something you won’t forget in a hurry!
Discover your own unique side to Edinburgh with many Holiday Apartments tailored to you!
There is so much more to Edinburgh than what could ever fit in this description: Edinburgh is a beautiful and culturally rich city with stunning architecture throughout which can only be truly experienced by discovery up close. Luckily enough, Holidu displays a vast range of stunning holiday apartments, holiday homes and holiday homes located throughout
Edinburgh to fit your needs. Decide how many rooms your accommodation should have, child and pet friendly facilities if necessary, a TV, a dishwasher, Internet Access and many more facilities. Finding your perfect accommodation is now a thing of the past – use Holidu’s simple search function to start your dream Edinburgh break. Book online today!
FAQs: Holiday Homes & Rentals in Edinburgh
On average, what was the cost for holiday homes in Edinburgh in 2020, during the period hit by the pandemic?
Edinburgh is one of the most expensive cities in the United Kingdom. The costs for a holiday rental here amounts to about €163.58 per night.
When are holiday rentals cheaper in Edinburgh?
If it is your aim to save as much as possible during your visit to Edinburgh, book to go there in January (€124.53 per night on average), March (€141.55), or February (€145.38) to find the lowest prices for the whole year.
When does the price of holiday rentals in Edinburgh go up the most?
When you look at renting a holiday home in Edinburgh, the highest prices are found in the month of August (with an average of €185.98 per night), followed by July (€178.66), and December (€174.63).
Are there usually many holiday homes available in Edinburgh?
When visiting Edinburgh it is necessary to be proactive, as 63% of rentals are usually booked, according to last year's data.
Which months offer the highest availability?
The best months to find available accommodation in Edinburgh are June (the average amount of properties that are free reached 52% of the total in 2020), July (50.75%), and April (43.75%).
When are fewer holiday homes available?
According to data from 2020, the months when it is most difficult to find accommodation in Edinburgh are, in order, February (with 25.4% of available rentals), September (31%), and January (32%).
How many holiday homes does Holidu have in Edinburgh?
Holidu offers around 2400 holiday rentals in Edinburgh from 21 different partners, so you will find the perfect type of accommodation you are looking for. We've got you covered!