Popular Holiday Homes & Rentals in Hungary
Holiday homes with free cancellation
Holiday Homes & Rentals in Hungary
Holiday Homes & Rentals with Pool
Holiday Homes & Rentals with Internet
Pet-Friendly Holiday Homes & Rentals
Find Holiday Homes & Rentals in Hungary
Most popular in Hungary
Prices and availability
Get to know Hungary
Situated on the Pannonian plain, Hungary is today a reflection of all the events that have taken place there in the past. Due to its location as a crossroads, it has played an important role since the Middle Ages in the exchange of cultures and until the end of World War I was part of the great Austro-Hungarian Empire. One of the main claims of this country is its capital, Budapest. One of the most fascinating European destinations, both for its impressive monuments and palaces and for its peculiar cafes, its melodious music and its wide range of cultural and recreational events. You decide if you prefer to stay in a home in the centre of a big city or in a holiday home close to nature.
But also the Balaton Lake , the Hungarian sea, attracts every year thousands of tourists who come eager to enjoy its resorts and spas, as well as its charming villages that still keep alive their oldest traditions. Among the most beautiful are the medieval and baroque villages of Sopron, Pecs, Eger and Györ, located in the Hungarian plains. In addition its spectacular natural spaces such as the caves of Aggtelek or the National Park of Hortobagy. Some of them are considered among the best in the continent for bird watching.
Hungary: Experience popular festivals, events and cuisine in your holiday home
Hungary is a country rich in traditions, which is reflected in the popular celebrations that take place throughout the year. Among the most outstanding are the Busojaras (carnival), the Parad, with musical performances and handicraft exhibitions, the International Fair, the Dreher Beer Festival and the Wine Festival. But there are also important events such as the Hortobagy International Equestrian Days or the Formula I race in Hungaroring. If you decide to book your holiday home in Hungary at one of these celebrations you will have a great time.
During your stay, do not miss the opportunity to taste some of the typical delicacies of the area. Hungarians have a very powerful cuisine that is served in abundant quantities, where the main ingredients are meat, fat and spices. Which makes it unsuitable for delicate stomachs. Some of the most outstanding dishes are gulyas, pörkölt, halaszle and rantott hus. All of them with strong but delicious flavours. Don't forget to accompany them with some of the wines made in the country, in the regions of Tojak, Villany and Lake Balaton.
„Did you know that Budapest's metro is the oldest on the European continent? It was built in 1896“
Top 5 Essentials from Hungary
1. Visit the beautiful and lively Budapest. The Hungarian capital combines the beauty of Vienna and the lively nightlife of Prague. All this bathed by the Danube which is precisely in this city where it reaches its most spectacular environment. But Budapest also has a wide variety of tourist attractions, so you won't find a minute to get bored.
2. Take a route through their majestic castles. Hungary has a wide range of castles that seem to be taken from authentic fairy tales. The most beautiful is, without a doubt, the Fertöd, known as the Versailles of Hungary. But Siklos and Sarospatak are also worth a visit.
3. Get to know the fascinating history of Hungary through its cities. The Hungarians have been under the power of Turks, Mongols and Austrians, and under the communist regime. For this reason, its historical heritage is impressive, with churches of different religions and squares full of sculptures that tell the events that took place in each place. But also its architecture is full of contrasts, so it is not strange to find mansions right next to communist cement buildings.
4. Bathe in a thermal pool with temperatures below zero. You've probably been to a spa before, but you've probably never bathed in an outdoor pool at 36 degrees while snowflakes fall on your head. This is what you will find in many thermal baths in this country and you can be sure that it is an experience that is never forgotten. If you prefer, you can do it in Heviz on a lake, which enjoys year-round temperatures of 30 degrees.
5. Take a cruise on the Danube. In Budapest you will find a large number of bus boats that are part of the public transport network of the city and have a very economical price. In addition, children under the age of 6 travel free of charge. A perfect plan to get to know the city from other perspectives.
Book a tailor-made holiday home with Holidu
Now that you know everything this fascinating country has to offer, you're sure to be looking forward to your next holiday. As long as you can get everything organized. At Holidu we offer you the possibility of using our search assistant to find the perfect accommodation for your stay. Enter the dates you have available and choose the features and services you would like to enjoy. In a few seconds we will show you the holiday homes in Hungary that best suit your preferences. Quick, easy and intuitive!
FAQs: Holiday Homes & Rentals in Hungary
What is the average price for holiday rentals in Hungary?
Hungary is the country in Europe that offers the best prices, with an annual average of only €105.45 per night in 2020.
When are holiday rentals cheaper in Hungary?
Travellers who want to save as much as possible should travel to Hungary in October, September, and November the cheapest months of the year, with average prices of €89.06, €91.76, and €92.44 per night, respectively, based on data collected in 2020.
When are holiday homes more expensive in Hungary?
When you look at renting a holiday home in Hungary, the highest prices are found in the month of July (with an average of €137.06 per night), followed by August (€121.69), and June (€118.96).
Are there usually many holiday rentals available in Hungary?
In order to not have problems finding accommodation in Hungary it is necessary to think ahead, as 60% of rentals are usually booked, according to last year's data.
Which months offer the highest availability?
The months that offer the most accommodation options, on average, are June (with an availability of 65.25%) May (55.8%), and September (49.75%), according to the trends observed in 2020.
When are fewer holiday homes available?
According to data from 2020, the months with the fewest housing options available in Hungary are, in order, March (with 29.5% of available rentals), December (30.33%), and February (30.4%).
How many rentals are available in Hungary?
In Hungary we offer you a comprehensive catalogue of around 14000 properties, with options of all kinds, thanks to our 27 local and international partners.
Holiday destinations in Hungary
Holidu compares hundreds of websites to find your perfect holiday rental for the best price.
- Holiday rentals