Holiday Homes & Rentals in Lanzarote
Current holiday rental deals in Lanzarote
Holiday homes with free cancellation
Holiday lettings with sea view
Pet-friendly holiday homes
Holiday Homes & Rentals with Pool
Best Holiday Homes & Rentals in LanzaroteGuests agree: these stays are highly rated for location, cleanliness, and more.
Other holiday ideas and property types in Lanzarote that might be interesting
Prices and availability
Things to know about Lanzarote
Villas on the Island of Lanzarote – enjoy the unique volcanic landscape in the Atlantic Ocean.
The island of volcanic origin lies in the Atlantic Ocean and is the most north easterly located island of the seven Canary Islands. Through its diverse wealth of flora and fauna and its exemplary ecological system, Lanzarote gained its UNESCO Biosphere Reserve label in 1993. The Canary Island lies 80miles west off the coast of Africa, from which Lanzarote gains its great climate all year round. The multifarious landscape made up of a mix of volcanic grottos, seas of lava, craters and white sandy beaches defines Lanzarote’s unique allure. The image of the island is shaped through the volcanic eruptions of the 18th century
and the island offers special volcanic landscapes, with spectacular views from the Timanfaya National park. Through stark slopes, active volcanic craters and lava which shines a grey brown or red depending on the time of day, it is easy to imagine you are on another planet. The volcanos are easily accessible from the popular resorts of Puerto del Carmen and Playa Blanca. These beautiful towns shine through their untouched natural beaches with great offers for water sports, a great promenade, cosy restaurants that offer local specialities and stunning villas with gardens and pools.
Rentals and Holiday Homes in Lanzarote: A Unique Volcanic Island with Sun all year round
As Lanzarote’s latitude as well as the other six Canary Islands lies far further south compared to the rest of mainland Europe, it is a great island to escape to for winter sun if you are feeling the winter blues. Temperatures in winter hover around the 20-degrees Celsius mark and flight connections between the UK and Lanzarote don’t stop for the winter. With winter temperatures like this, it proves perfect for performing many activities which the island offers:
Take a walk up Montana Roja hill by Playa Blanca on the south west of the island to take in some stunning views of not only Lanzarote’s towering dark mountains towards its centre, but Fuerteventura in the distance. The mountains also make a great platform for mountain biking: Cycle in and around the Timanfaya National Park and enjoy some surreal landscapes unique to this island. With many great holiday homes and villas dotted throughout Lanzarote, there is never a bad time to visit.
Top 5 travel tips for the Island of Lanzarote
1. A natural spectacle which is one of its kind is the, “green hole”, the Cuevas de los Verdes in the Haria municipality in the natural reserve of Malpaís de La Corona. The grotto lies in the north of the island and came into being through the eruption of the La Corona volcano – a 3.5mile long tunnel was formed as a result and can be explored with a local guide. With a spectacular colour spectrum which lights up the walls and the coves, it is a natural landmark not to be missed.
2. An impressive landmark absolutely worth recommending are the salt gardens of Salinas de Janubio in the south west of Lanzarote. Special salt is produced here due to the vaporising of sea water which is pumped into the bay. A lagoon is present along with the black beach of Playa Salinas de Janubio, making a great place for relaxing strolls.
3. An artistic masterpiece on the island is the cactus garden, “Jardín de Cactus” in Guatiza, created by César Manrique, a renowned former artist from Lanzarote. A fantastic plantation of 1,500 local and imported cacti are found in the garden, crowned with an old restored windmill. Enjoy the contrast between lava rock, cacti, prickles, colourful flowers and the blue sky of Lanzarote over the dark brown mountains by booking a villa with close proximity.
4. The stunning destination of Coasta Teguise lies in the east of Lanzarote and is a great place for a relaxed holiday with the whole family. The large offer of many things to do; great sandy beaches and beautiful villas with a pool will make your holiday in Costa Teguise a truly special experience. For sport enthusiasts, there are great possibilities for diving and windsurfing along the Las Cucharas beach. The Playa Bastián is found along the promenade of the Costa Teguise, a proteted white sandy beach, ideal for families with children – a great place for building sandcastles and to enjoy the Spanish sun.
5. A day trip which is definitely worth it is to the small island of La Graciosa which lies just to the north of Lanzarote. The, “Pearl of the Canary Islands” can be visited by ferries which leave daily from Orzola. Those who are after peace and serenity are a perfect match for the island: The summit of the red mountain of Montana Bermeja offers a great view of the entire island and the Spanish lifestyle is experienced with a relaxing stroll through the island’s sandy landscape.
Villas and Holiday Homes from North to South
With great weather, stunning landscapes and many activities to do, whether you after an active break with friends or a relaxing beach holiday with the family: Lanzarote offers various possibilities to cater for many different holiday makers. Find and book a villa, holiday home or holiday home online today with Holidu’s user friendly search function and accommodation
with a certain amount of rooms, a garden, a pool, a TV, internet access, a dishwasher, child friendly facilities, good proximity to the beach and many more options. Whether you want a summer holiday with guaranteed great weather or a winter break in the sun – Lanzarote delivers. Book a villa with Holidu today!