Popular Destinations in Spain
Holiday Homes & Rentals in Spain
Current holiday rental deals in Spain
Holiday homes with free cancellation
Holiday Homes & Rentals with Pool
Holiday Homes & Rentals with Internet
Pet-Friendly Holiday Homes & Rentals
Best Holiday Homes & Rentals in SpainGuests agree: these stays are highly rated for location, cleanliness, and more.
Other property types in Spain that might be interesting:
More Popular Destinations in Spain
Prices and availability
Current Holiday letting prices in Spain
Current holiday letting availability in Spain
Things to know about Spain
Holiday homes and rentals in Spain – delight between Bull Runs and Flamenco Dancers.
The popular holiday destination of Spain lies on the Iberian peninsula between Portugal and France, boasting various climates through its unique altitude and the surrounding sea. Whilst it is particularly hot inland, especially during summer, a refreshing breeze is present throughout coastal regions. Unwind and bask in the refreshing breeze in beautiful villas in the Costa de la luz by Spain’s southern Atlantic coast where the sea is a bit wavier due
to a more prevalent wind, ideal conditions for surfers. A somewhat milder yet more humid climate is found at Spain’s northern Atlantic coast where the appropriately named, “Costa Verde” – the green coast, is found. Spain boasts various offers for nature, culture as well as sport and leisure activities – not only are there hotspots for surfers, but also for families, those looking for a peaceful break as well as revellers.
Holiday homes and Villas in Spain: Experience the variety of the country
The mostly dense and lush green vegetation draws broad walking excursions in undisturbed nature. Those who enjoy hot summer temperatures in the middle of Spain should rent an apartment in the capital city of Madrid. The city offers intriguing places of interest from many historical periods. Next to the ”Palacio Real” royal palace you can find the Almudena cathedral as well as the beautiful, “Parque del Buen Retiro” city park – not to mention the Santiago Bernabeu stadium
which lies in the centre of the city. Further impressive cities which are definitely worth visiting include the Catalonian capital of Barcelona with its stunning Antonio Gaudi designed, “Sagrada Familia” Church as well as Sevilla in Andalusia. A great seaside holiday with the family is also recommended on Spain’s various Islands. With a choice of seven Canary Islands and four Balearic Islands, the decision is down to you!.
Top 5 travel tips for Spain: Holiday Homes, Holiday Homes and Villas are available throughout the country
1. Travel tip number 1 is clearly one of the most popular travel destinations according to Britons: Majorca! This is deservedly so, as those interested in culture can find fascinating towns and cities such as Palma de Majorca, Cala Ratjada or Arta on the Balearic Island with narrow side streets, museums and cafes in which there is bustling life. The Island is also a hotspot for surfers and hikers – Majorca offers vast coastal regions as well as the Serra de Tramuntana mountains. For young and the young at heart, Majorca offers the resorts of Magaluf and El Arenal. Majorca has something to offer for everyone!
2. A great adventure for all hiking enthusiasts is offered by the around 500mile long Way of St. James’ trail, better known as the, “Camino Frances.” On the main route which stretches from the Pyrenees up until Santiago de Compostela. Discover not only the beauty of the Spanish regions, but also discover yourself in just four weeks. Rent beautiful holiday homes along the route which includes Navarra, Rioja, Galicia and unwind in the pool or the garden until it starts all over again the following day.
3. Spain certainly doesn’t disappoint when it comes to great cuisine. Delicious Tapas, pintxos, cheese and olives are worth a sample and make up a good snack or meal. The national dish of Paella which is made up of rice, vegetables, fish and meat is best complemented with a glass of sangria. Local fish delicacies dominate the menu in coastal regions - squid, muscles and lobsters are freshly prepared and are a true culinary delight.
4. More active travellers are attracted to the rail bike path of Vía Verde de Ojos Negros. On a route stretching around 100 miles, you can cycle from the mines of Ojos Negros in the Sierra Negara down to Sagunt. The longest connected rail bike path in Spain leads through beautiful landscapes, through tunnels, over bridges and contains a height difference of around 800meters.
5. The culturally rich and unique Basque Country with a strong cultural identity among its people lies in Spain’s north, home to cities including Bilbao and Pamplona. Discover Bilbao’s stunning and cosy old town as well as the urban cosmopolitan 21st-century vibe on show, full of art and fashion. Lose yourself in Pamplona’s narrow side streets and experience the breath taking bull run if you are travelling in July – it is an experience and buzz which is simply unforgettable.
Dive into the Spanish way of life and find the Holiday Home or Villa in Spain which fits you.
Spain has so much more to offer than what could fit into this article. Develop your own image of this wonderful country and explore its fascinating nature and culture. With Holidu, you can view complete regions, towns and cities in Spain and search for various accommodation such as villas, holiday homes and holiday homes. Decide how many rooms your accommodation
should have, where it is located and what facilities and furniture should be available. Thanks to Holidu’s simple search function, you can conveniently search for villas and holiday homes in Spain with terraces, a pool, a dishwasher, a TV, internet access or air conditioning. Accommodation is especially popular in the summer – book your villa or apartment in Spain today!
FAQs: Holiday Homes & Rentals in Spain
On average, what was the cost for holiday homes in Spain in 2020, during the period hit by the pandemic?
Our data shows that Spain has an average price of €148.28 per night, which is a relatively high one for a country in Europe.
When are holiday homes cheaper in Spain?
If you are looking to make the most of your money, the most affordable months to visit Spain are January (€126.33 the average price per night for accommodation), February (€129.07), and March (€130.56).
When are holiday rentals more expensive in Spain?
In 2020, the month that had the highest annual average in Spain was July, with an average price of €180.45 per night. This was followed by August, with an average of €177.54, and June, with €161.92.
Should I plan a trip to Spain well in advance?
It's worthwhile to be proactive in Spain as only 50% of the properties remain available, following the data observed in 2020.
Which months offer the highest availability?
June, May, and September are, in order of highest to lowest, the months that present the largest number of properties available, with respective average availability figures of 61%, 57.8% and 57.5%.
During which months are there fewer rentals available in Spain?
The months with the lowest properties available in Spain are, in order, August, July and February, with respective average availability figures of 34.2%, 43%, and 44.4%, based on data collected in 2020.
Are there many holiday rentals in Spain?
We have collected the properties from 377 different partners in Spain, so we can provide you with around 190000 properties. You're going to have a hard time deciding which one to go with!
Holiday destinations in Spain
Holidu compares hundreds of websites to find your perfect holiday letting for the best price.
- Holiday rentals